This one day course draws on the Certification and Classification of Lifting Appliances and also Lloyd's Register's Code for Lifting Appliances in a Marine Environment (CLAME). The course is designed to provide the essential information needed to successfully design and project your lift appliances in a way which is compliant to the CLAME from the very beginning.
Who will benefit?
This course is suitable for engineers involved in design of lifting appliances but also sales and after sales engineers who need to know the background of certification and classification of lifting appliances. Furthermore the course is suitable for technical managers.
- Understanding of the certification and classification processes including their background
- Knowledge of the general aspects and foundation of the CLAME
- Awareness of the important design requirements for lifting appliances and loose gear
- Testing, marking and survey requirements of the CLAME
- Materials and fabrication requirements of the CLAME
- Necessary documentation requirements for lifting appliances
- Introduction to the Lloyd's Register Group and Certification and Classification Process
- Lloyd's Register's Code for Lifting Appliances in a Marine Environment
Delegates will receive a certificate upon successful completion of the course.