Who is the course for?
The training course has been designed to assist with the structured implementation of an Occupational Health and Safety Management System based on the requirement of ISO 45001:2018.
The course does not itself teach health and safety but has been designed for people with some previous experience of health and safety wanting to implement their management system using ISO 45001.
The course is run over 2 days and covers the following elements:
- Course introduction
- The implementation process – overview
- ISO 45001 purpose and management system scope
- Documented information
- Leadership, policy, people and culture
- Hazards, risks and opportunities
- Identification of legal and other requirements
- Roles and responsibilities
- Resources, competence
- Objectives and improvement plans
- Operational controls and emergency preparedness
- Incident management, monitoring and improving the system
- Ongoing system maintenance
The course includes a structured step-by-step implementation plan, a sample of templates and forms and a comprehensive delegate workbook containing a layperson’s guide to ISO 45001, course activities, explanations of key requirements and supporting information. Participants also have the opportunity to discuss ISO 45001 requirements and the implementation process with very experienced OHS Tutors.
Training from LR
With Lloyd's Register, you can learn in the way that works for you. We offer courses in a range of styles, from in-house to virtual classroom. Find out more about Ascend Training Courses from Lloyd's Register.