20 - 22 Nov 2018
12 - 14 Mar 2019
4 - 6 Jun 2019
7 - 9 May 2019
24 - 26 Sep 2019
10 - 12 Dec 2019
In today’s marine industry, it is becoming increasingly common to conduct Integrated Management System Audits against the main maritime codes and conventions.
This three-day course will provide participants with a practical approach to the interpretation and application of the ISM and ISPS Codes, ILO MLC 2006 Convention and the preparation, planning, execution, reporting and follow-up of internal audits for an Integrated Management System.
The course is fully self-contained and no specific knowledge of the ISM and ISPS Codes, ILO MLC 2006, management systems or auditing is assumed or required.
Who should attend?
This course is equally suitable for those who have, or expect to have, duties involving matters of safety and pollution prevention, international maritime security and compliance with the ILO MLC 2006 objective of ensuring decent working conditions.
The course will help to develop a good grasp of how management systems can help achieve these goals and provide the knowledge from which an auditor can gain useful practical audit experience.
Through a highly participative combination of presentations, group discussions and case studies with individual and syndicate exercises, you will learn about:
- The content and interpretation of the ISM and ISPS Codes, as well as ILO MLC 2006.
- Commonalities between the ISM Code, ISPS Code and ILO MLC 2006, as well as key differences.
- Management systems and risk management.
- The principles and practice of auditing.
Your company will benefit from having a team member who will be able to plan and conduct audits effectively and efficiently, which reduces the operational impact of the internal audit.
The course will cover the following modules:
- The background, objectives, basic content and interpretation of the ISM Code, ISPS Code and ILO MLC 2006.
- The principles of management systems and continual improvement (the Deming Cycle).
- Risk management basic principles.
- The certification process of the ISM Code, ISPS Code and ILO MLC 2006.
In addition, you will gain knowledge of the key principles and current practices used in internal auditing, including:
- The role and responsibilities of the internal auditor.
- The importance and impact of internal audits in an (integrated) management system.
- Audit techniques.
- Reporting of the audit.
- Identification of non-conformities and supporting their resolution.