Lloyd's Register organises training courses in PSA (probabilistic Safety Assessment) and RiskSpectrum software user courses.
Today, some 60 engineers per year, from all over the world, pass through our PSA and RiskSpectrum software training courses. Our instructors are chosen on the basis of their areas of expertise, industry experience and proven results. As specialists in their fields, they have confronted and resolved many of the problems you are facing on a daily basis.
About the programme
Nuclear Academy training
This is a comprehensive training programme in nuclear safety for all young and experienced consultants and engineers working within the nuclear sector. The programme includes an introductory course, an advanced course, and a range of specialised PSA training modules, including Seismic PSA and Human reliability analysis.
Block 1: Nuclear Engineering
This course gives a general overview of nuclear power technology with a focus on process dynamics of BWR and PWR. The main process and the main components of a nuclear power plant and the various safety systems are described and discussed. The block also covers the fuel cycle and radioactive waste management. The training includes the following topics:
- Nuclear Power Technologies and Safety Systems
- Fundamental components of nuclear reactors and their function
- Nuclear Legislation, Standards and Guidelines
- The approach to safety in nuclear power plants, e.g. Defence in Depth and safety principles.
Block 2: Nuclear Theory
This course provides a general overview of the fundamentals for a nuclear power plant. The first part is dedicated to reactor and neutron physics and lectures given by the industry experts and university professors. The second part focuses mainly on thermal hydraulics, heat transfer and radiation physics. The training includes the following topics:
- Principles of nuclear physics & radiation safety
- Types of radioactivity & units of decay
- Biological effects of exposure (short/long term)
- Radiation monitoring, detection and protection.
Block 3: Probabilistic Safety Assessment (PSA)
Our PSA courses offer a comprehensive training programme in PSA targeting professionals in risk management. The programme includes an introductory course, an advanced course, and a range of specialised PSA training modules. The training includes the following topics:
- Level 1 PSA - Internal Events
- Low Power and Shutdown Level 1 PSA, Internal and External hazards, Level 2 and 3 PSA
- Level 2 PSA
- Human Reliability Analysis
- PSA applications
- Internal Fire PSA
- Seismic PSA
- Internal Flooding PSA
- Reliability Data Analysis also including Analysis of Dependencies and Common Cause Failures (CCFs).
Block 4: Safety & Licensing and Deterministic Analysis
The training describes in detail different types of deterministic analysis and the documentation process for safety and licensing of nuclear facilities. The training includes the following topics:
- Nuclear licensing and life cycle of a nuclear installation
- Nuclear technical safety
- Radiation and radiation protection
- Deterministic analyses
- Human factors
- National Safety Structure
- Function of government, regulatory body and operating organisation
- Responsibilities and duties of regulatory body and operating organisation
- Verification of safety
- Quality Assurance and document verification.
Registering for PSA part 1
PSA Part 1 (Level 1 PSA) – (3 days, 9-11 Oct 2018)
If you are interested in this course, you can contact the course leader. To register, we will need the following information:
The name of the course you wish to register (for example PSA part 1 training in Stockholm)
Your invoice address and reference or order number, if any.
Please note that registration is binding. We reserve the right to cancel the training course if there are insufficient numbers.
Registration closes on 6 August.
Delegates will receive:
7-8 hours training per day
Training Course documentation
Lunch and refreshments
Dinner on the first evening
The course fee is EUR 2,699 and is subject to VAT, if applicable. Payment must be made in advance.
Discounts are available for registrations of more than one delegate. Contact the course leader to find out more.
Training is held at our training facilities in Stockholm, Sweden. All courses are delivered in English.
Lloyd's Register Consulting - Energy AB
Landsvägen 50A, 2nd Floor, SE – 172 63
For more information contact us at email@example.com
All upcoming courses
These are our currently available dates: (all courses are held in Stockholm, Sweden)