Manufacturers of pressure equipment selling into most European countries (the European Economic Area) must make sure they comply with the requirements of the Pressure Equipment Directive (PED 2014/68/EU).
The PED sets out essential requirements for pressure equipment and assemblies. They vary according to how much pressure, liquid, or gas the equipment is designed to contain. The PED does not tell manufacturers how to meet these requirements, allowing them the flexibility to meet the requirements with various manufacturing standards.
The training course provides you with tools to apply the complex subject matter of European legislation, the application of regulations and standards in a structured way in your own practice.
This course is currently available as a class training but will also be available as an online as per April.
Who should attend
Those with an interest in manufacturing, procuring, exporting, commissioning or distributing pressure equipment in the EU and associated countries such as Switzerland, Norway and Iceland and the UK. This course is applicable to those that
- Are relatively new to the PED and need a general introduction to the PED and
- Experienced professionals that need to refresh their general PED knowledge.
This training course will give a general overview of:
- General introduction to EC Directives
- General introduction to PED
- Conformity assessment
- The role of the Notified Body
- Technical documentation
- CE Marking
- PED guidelines
You will have a general and solid understanding on how to apply the PED Guidelines in your organization.
What you will learn
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the purpose and structure of EC Directives
- Identify the different stakeholders
- Identify the Scope and key Definitions in the Pressure Equipment Directive
- Understand the concept of Essential Safety Requirements (ESR’s)
- Conduct a simple Product Classification
- Understand the fundamentals of Conformity Assessment
- Explain the role of the Notified Body in Conformity Assessment
- Describe the purpose, contents and format of the required Technical documentation
- State the requirements for CE marking
- Understand what you need to do to comply
- understand how your existing manufacturing or procurement strategies can be adapted
The class will use worked examples and group exercises. Delegates will receive a certificate upon successful completion of the course and course documentation.
This course can be followed up by an in depth 2 day PED Practitioner course.
The course is conducted both as a public course in various locations and in-company. Please contact us if you require further information.
This 1 day introduction/refresher training provides you with a general introduction to the directive, product classification, the requirements and what you need to do to comply with the PED 2014/68/EU