11th February 2020
Our focus since the start of the outbreak and for its duration is to protect the health of our employees, clients and our communities. To contain the virus, and in compliance with local government requirements, we have:
- Strictly followed the Chinese Government policy on both mandatory and self-isolation within mainland China over the 14-day period up to the reopening of our offices on 10/02/2020;
- Restricted travel to and from mainland China since 28/01/2020 and this restriction remains in place;
- We have surveyed our Chinese employees to understand their movements since mid-January, assessed their individual risk exposure and instructed the small number of employees to quarantine themselves at home pending the 14-day clearance period;
- Been in continuous dialogue with our staff to report any illness of themselves or their close family members;
- Provided additional protective equipment, including mask, gloves, sanitising equipment and temperature monitors to our employees; and
- Trained our employees on coronavirus prevention, established a series of communications channels to promote important hygiene messages and answered concerns and questions they have.
Before conducting work, we have introduced additional protocols that help assess the risks of specific jobs. A key part of our prevention plan is to reduce contact by considering alternate options to conduct surveys, including conducting surveys outside of mainland China, delaying non-critical work and exploring where inspections can be undertaken remotely. By considering such measures, we can collectively reduce the spread of the virus. We request your support in the completion of these processes.
We remain fully committed to supporting your business throughout these challenging times.