Coronavirus – SERS business operations update
We would like to reassure our clients that LR’s Ship Emergency Response Service (SERS) will continue to provide the same level of support that you are used to throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, responding in the usual manner to any emergency that your ships may face. Please use the SERS 24-hour emergency numbers to do this.
At this time we would also request that our clients do not schedule any SERS exercises until the situation is resolved, unless there is an urgent business or regulatory requirement for an exercise, in which case we will support our clients on a case by case basis. Communications tests are still available as usual.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For almost 260 years, safety has been at the core of everything we do, for our colleagues, our customers, and society and we are fully committed to supporting your business throughout these challenging times.
Our focus is to protect the health of our employees, customers, and our communities. To contain the virus since the outbreak, we have mandated the following actions:
- Strictly followed government and health authority guidelines on both mandatory and self-isolation within affected areas;
- Introduced quarantining where necessary;
- Introduced remote working for employees where appropriate;
- Been in continuous dialogue with our employees to report any illness of themselves or their close family members;
- Provided additional protective equipment, including masks, gloves, sanitising equipment and temperature monitors to our employees;
- Trained our employees on coronavirus prevention, established a series of communications channels to promote important hygiene messages and continued to address our employee’s concerns and questions as they arise; and
- Ensured full and immediate compliance with central and local governmental instructions.
Before conducting work, we have introduced additional protocols that help assess the risks of specific jobs. A key part of our prevention plan is to reduce contact by considering alternate options to conduct surveys, delaying non-critical work and exploring where inspections, audits and assessments can be undertaken remotely. By considering such measures, we can collectively reduce the spread of the virus. We request your support in the completion of these processes.
We are monitoring official announcements from national and local authorities, International SOS and the World Health Organisation for updates and developments, as businesses across the world are increasingly impacted by the spread of the virus.
We are focused on keeping our customers regularly informed about our services to limit any potential disruption to their operations. We are also complying with extra measures requested by our customers.
For the most up to date information on the Coronavirus outbreak please visit the World Health Organisation.
View the latest Flag State instructions on COVID-19 (Coronavirus) here.
For the latest information about our operations in your area please contact your local LR office.