What we offer
Assessing new technology
Deliver confidence and assurance in new technologies with our Technology Qualification. This robust process provides independent confirmation of performance helping you decide on a technology’s readiness and the investment potential.
Developing port infrastructure
Plan and develop new port facilities for the offshore wind industry efficiently. These infrastructure projects demand meticulous, long-term planning and large investment. We help you get the fundamentals right through feasibility studies, project development support and management and engineering services.
Connecting to the grid
Emerging technologies that generate clean energy at different scales add to conventional challenges. Our consultancy service simplifies the task from a technical, project and regulatory perspective. Support throughout the process includes quickly identifying and resolving issues, providing power system studies and negotiating connection and access standards, both from a compliance and efficiency perspective.
What are the benefits?
- Minimised and optimised spend on the early phases
- Experience and knowledge to effectively manage survey and site investigation contractors
- Access to specialist expertise, when you need it
- Confidence that the project meets regulatory requirements
- Greater chance of achieving consent
- Deep understanding of site seabed and soils risk, and the industry sector and its technology that can be used to acquire the right data
- Your informed buyer for these specialist contractor services
- Confidence that risks have been identified and managed
Why choose LR?
When you choose to work with LR for your renewable energy project, you'll be working with a team of industry-leading experts. Our renewables experts have delivered for some of the world's most complex and ambitious projects, including offshore wind, onshore wind, solar and wave and tidal turbines. We have a global footprint, with offices and experts all over the world and we can apply our experience developed in mature renewables energy markets to those which are at an earlier stage of development. We are uniquely placed to support your project, throughout the entire lifecycle from development to decommissioning. Along with our marine heritage, we draw on decades of experience in energy and critical infrastructure. We have helped to shape and grow the renewable energy sector with our research and technology advancement activities and we remain committed to contributing to the low carbon future.