Latest release: IP 2021
IP 2021 brings a brand-new user experience that is contemporary and modern. It allows you to enhance your existing workflows and extract deeper insights from existing data through new ways of interpretation and visualisation. New upgrades allow you to automate the QC process and enhance your well integrity management.
Get ahead with IP 2021
Release notes: IP 2021 (4.7.X) Released May 2021
New User Interface
The look and feel of IP has been updated to provide a modern and contemporary UI based on best practices for user interface and user experience design. Themes allow users to customise the colour palette to one of their choice. Modules and functions can be searched for quickly using the new search tool.
New Casing Inspection Module
A new Casing Inspection module has been developed to allow you to inspect and monitor the condition of downhole tubulars and casing for damage or corrosion. Radius data from Multi-Fingered Imaging Tools or radius and thickness data from Ultrasonic Logging Tools can be displayed and analysed using a range of new plot styles, including an interactive 3D Meshplot of the borehole. Joint-by-Joint casing condition report automatically created.
New Image Texture Analysis Module
Using a newly developed methodology unique to IP, textural facies can now be derived from borehole image data using machine learning. Facies can be obtained through supervised learning (calibrated) using Self Organising Maps (SOM) or unsupervised (uncalibrated) using hierarchical clustering.
New Log QC Module
Data quality is an important part of any petrophysical workflow. The new Log QC module allows you to interactively generate data quality flags for standard logging measurements and quickly identify issues immediately using the new log plot. The generated flags can be used in other modules to discriminate against poor data.
New Chart Types
A range of new charts, including Pie Charts and Rose Plots which can be viewed standalone or on a track within a log plot. This helps gain better insights from the data and improves the quality of the final log plot.
Updates to Geomechanics
A new Poro- & Thermo-Elastic Stress module has been added to account for effects of pore pressure and temperature changes on in situ stresses. The geomechanics module multi-well workflow has been improved to increase clarity and save time, and it can now be run in Monte Carlo to analyse uncertainty in the results. Other updates include a new fractures & faults stress module, Rock Strength Anisotropy to Wellbore Stability module, and improved calculation speed.
Updates to Image Analysis
The Image Analysis module has had a number of plot enhancements to aid visualisation of data, including a new Image Transform module and new mini-plots. Analyse net to gross ratios of sand/shale sequences using the new interactive histogram functionality. Other Image Analysis enhancements include: the ability to manually enter de-rotation dip angle and azimuth, rapid counting of picked features, and calculation of plunge when picking breakout axes.
Other New Features & Enhancements
A number of other existing modules have been updated:
- Monte Carlo
- Saturation Height Modelling
- Production Log Analysis
- NMR Analysis
Our Support team includes members based in several locations around the globe and can be contacted via phone, email and direct portal feedback 24/7.
The Support Team continues to be a key investment area of our product, underpinning our success. Operating alongside the Product Experts, core development and quality assurance teams, the Support team can highlight your queries and arrange a more detailed discussion over web meetings.
Our goal is to provide fast, helpful responses and to represent issues that clients have to our development team, in an effort to resolve problems as swiftly as possible.
Please contact us with any technical issue or queries 24/7 via our support desk email address or phone numbers:
24 Hour Technical support numbers
The installer for our latest version of IP can be accessed by visiting our downloads page – https://ip-downloads.digitalproducts.group/
Previous releases and updates
The first version of IP 2019 was released in May 2019. For more information.
IP 2019 Update 3 (4.6.2020.22301) Released 10th August 2020
The workflow for carrying out independent cement evaluations on multiple data sets or runs within the same well has been made significantly easier. Array curves of the calculated maps are now output rather than being rendered as Image Tools. Radial tool curves accompanying 3ft amplitude curves now have an option to be normalised, allowing comparison between radial curve values and CBL log response charts when selecting appropriate cut-offs for bond map.
Pore Pressure and Fracture Gradient (PPFG) Toolbox
We have introduced a new suite of modules to complement our existing Geomechanics Pore Pressure workflows. The Pore Pressure and Fracture Gradient (PPFG) toolbox contains workflows to help predict and detect pore pressure changes, reduce uncertainty and optimize wellbore design.
Added the ability to use any user-defined datatypes when analysing fractures. Tool azimuth and relative bearing can now be selected for all tools. We now support 6 arm caliper tools in our interactive 3D Borehole Viewer. These are just some of the many enhancements and bug fixes we have carried out on this module.
We have made significant improvements to the quality of exported PDFs from extra long logplots and they are now crystal clear. Existing issues where logs plots would refresh slowly when well diagrams were present has also now been resolved.
IP 2019 Update 2 (4.6.2020.33801) Released 4th December 2019
Highlights of IP 2019 Update 2 included:
- Mechanical Properties: Tensile Strength Added, Elastic Parameters Added, Bug Fixes and General Improvements
- Pore Pressure Prediction: Multi-Well Eaton and Bowers
- Interpretation Plot: All relevant curves at a glance
- Multi-Well Sonic vs. TVD Cross Plot
- Multi-Well Pore Pressure Parameters
- Real Time MW Pore Pressure Prediction using Xstream Connect
- Two Maximum Horizontal Stress Equations Added
- New Stress Polygons
- New Hydraulic Fracture Gradient Plots
- New Local Near-Well Stress Output
- Formation Testing: New Excess Pressure Plots
- Self Organising Maps: New Mahalanobis Distance Calculated
- IP Petrel Link: Updated to Connect with Petrel 2019
- Image Analysis: New ‘Dual’ Image Tool Types added
IP 2019 Update 1 (4.6.2019.23403) Released 26th August 2019
Highlights of IP 2019 Update 1 included:
- Added a Feature to log plots allowing the set name to be hidden from curve names in the scales section.
- Added an option to apply transparency to shading between curves.
- Resolved an issue where tops and pick sets would disappear from tracks if their name contained curved brackets.
- Fonts can be changed on Picks displayed in tracks.
- Corrected an issue where fonts within a certain track were affected by the change on the font in another track.
- Corrected the issue where the user was not able to release the border between the header and the tracks on the log plot when clicked using the right mouse button.
- When matching wells for Export or Import to/from Kingdom a new item in the dropdown list opens a well chooser with name filtering and selection.
- It is now possible to restrict the Formation Tops exported to Kingdom databases by Picks Set name
- It is now possible to restrict the log data exported to Kingdom databases by Curve Set name
- A ‘Search by Well List’ button has been added at the match wells stage of Export
- Fixed error when importing empty wells from Kingdom
Over 158 other individual cases developed across the IP package for update 1.
Fixes and enhancements were made to 28 different IP modules including:
- Cement Evaluation
- Domain Transfer Analysis (DTA)
- Monte Carlo Uncertainty Analysis
- Wellbore Stability
- SandPit 3D
- Mechanical Properties
- Unconventional Resources
- Multi-Line Formula
- Temperature Gradient
- User Formula
- Curve Data Editing
- Image Analysis: NavigationQC
- LAS Export
- LAS3 Import
- Clay Volume
- Cutoff and Summation
- Cross plots
- Curve Listing
- Well Diagram
- Well Map
- Well Loading