Lloyd’s Register is committed to the highest levels of health and safety. As such, our Business Resilience and Continuity Plan (BRP) is well established to address all credible and significant risks in order to protect personnel, the environment, the public and our customers in the event of an incident, however serious or widespread it may be.
Our BRP team is meeting on a daily basis to make sure all risks relating to the continuous provision of our services are mitigated.
We are reviewing assessor/surveyor travel on a case-by-case basis and introducing very clear guidelines which confirm whether there are possible alternative options. These include rescheduling inspections, delaying non-critical work and exploring where audits/surveys can be undertaken remotely.
For existing customers: If it is not possible for us to conduct a traditional audit/survey, our assessors/surveyors will contact you to discuss the options available in accordance with the applicable rules and to guarantee the continuity and validity of your certifications.
If your business has face-to-face training courses booked with us, please be assured that these courses will carry on as scheduled.
The only exception to this is in countries severely impacted by Coronavirus COVID-19. In these areas, we have alternative online options available.
Our focus is, as always, to protect the health of our employees, customers and our communities. To contain the virus since the outbreak, we have taken the following actions:
- Strictly followed government and health authority guidelines on both mandatory and self-isolation within affected areas;
- Introduced quarantining where necessary;
- Been in continuous dialogue with our staff to report any illness of themselves or their close family members;
- Provided additional protective equipment, including masks, gloves, sanitising equipment and temperature monitors to our employees;
- Trained our employees on coronavirus prevention, established a series of communications channels to promote important hygiene messages and continue to address our employee’s concerns and questions as they arise; and
- Ensured full and immediate compliance with the central and local governmental instructions.
We remain fully committed to supporting our customers’ businesses throughout these challenging times. Please review our dedicated webpage for information which is being updated regularly.