This two-day seminar addresses elements of the Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA). It provides an overview of the seven steps of the FMEA process and how it is managed as a process.
The approaches discussed and employed in this course are consistent with the intent and guidelines in the AIAG-VDA FMEA Handbook (1st edition : June 2019) issued by AIAG and VDA.
You need this course if...
This seminar is for Design Engineers and Process Engineers and all functions involve in New Model Launch including Sales, R&D engineer, Planner, Production, Quality Assurance and also Internal Auditor which need to understand topics regarding APQP, PPAP, FMEA and Control plan as per IATF 16949.
You will learn...
- The Risk Analysis techniques used in phases APQP Phase 2: Product Design and Development and APQP Phase 3: Process design and Development required for new product launch, and how to compile and summarize different documents necessary for final approval by the customer as per customer’s PPAP or CSR (Customer Specific Requirement).
- Aspects of the 1st edition of FMEA handbook released by AIAG and VDA
- Purpose and scope of AIAG-VDA FMEA tool
- Justification for revision, Main Changes
Seven Steps Process
Step 1 Planning & Preparation
Step 2 Structure Analysis
- Step 3 Function Analysis
- Step 4 Failure Analysis
- Step 5 Risk Analysis
- Severity Rating, Occurrence Rating, Detection Rating, AP Table - Determining Action Priorities
Step 6 Optimization
- Step 7 Results Documentation
- Workshop based on existing PFMEA
- Linkages of PFMEA to other document i.e. Control Plan, Inspection Standard, Operator Instruction
Training from LR
With Lloyd's Register, you can learn in the way that works for you. We offer courses in a range of styles, from in-house to virtual classroom. Find out more about Ascend Training Courses from Lloyd's Register.
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.