You need this course if...
- You want to audit OH&S Management Systems against ISO 45001 requirements
- You are an Auditor or OH&S System Manager and want to add to your credibility with a widely accepted qualification
- You want to satisfy the formal training requirements for IRCA auditor certification
You will learn...
- The purpose and benefits of an OH&S management system
- Essential definitions to help you interpret and audit OHSAS 45001 requirements
- To analyse ISO 45001 uses and suggest examples of evidence that would show conformance with these requirements
- The importance of hazard identification and risk assessment and risk control
- How organizations can take a preventive approach to risk management through the effective implementation of ISO 45001
- The roles and responsibilities of an auditor and lead auditor
- To plan and conduct an interview with top management and evaluate an organisation’s OH&S policy and objectives
- To prepare an on-site audit plan that establishes effective audit trails across processes, areas and between members of an audit team
- How to conduct process and area audits and evaluate the effective implementation of an OH&S management system
- How to prepare for your audits by developing effective checklists
- To gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and reviewing documentation
- How to evaluate objective evidence and correctly identify conformance and non-conformance with requirements
- To report findings accurately against requirements of ISO 45001, write and grade nonconformity reports and evaluate proposals for corrective action
- How to present your overall evaluation to top management
- The certification requirements to become a registered auditor/lead auditor with IRCA
You will need...
- Knowledge of the following occupational health & safety management principles and concepts:
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The High Level Structure upon which ISO 45001 has been based.
- The purpose and benefits of a an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system
- A basic knowledge of managing occupational health and safety (OH&S) through hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control and compliance with legal and other requirements
- A basic awareness of common examples of relevant national and local OH&S legislation and requirements.
- Commonly used OH&S terms and definitions as given in ISO 45001
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 45001, which may be gained by completing LR’s ISO 45001 Appreciation and Interpretation course or LR’s ISO 45001 Internal Auditor course
It is the delegate’s responsibility to ensure that they meet these basic pre-requisites.
Training from LR
With Lloyd's Register, you can learn in the way that works for you. We offer courses in a range of styles, from in-house to virtual classroom. Find out more about Ascend Training Courses from Lloyd's Register.
Your future development
- QMS and EMS Auditor/Lead Auditor conversion courses
- Tutored Audits (coached live audit at your company)
- IOSH and NEBOSH courses
- Business Improvement courses
Continuous ssessment and a 2 hour examination
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.