Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) objectives are firmly on the agenda for investors and finance institutions so what does that mean to the shipping sector?
What is the role of finance in enabling the maritime sector achieving net-zero by 2050?
In the second of a four-part webinar series, Lloyd’s Register and EDF will take a comprehensive view of what policy objectives are needed to provide a clear signal to invest in shipping’s energy transition to achieve net-zero 2050, focusing on how these ambitions align with the Paris Agreement and well as national policies.
This hour-long session, moderated by EDF shipping director Aoife O’Leary, will also evaluate the policy and funding mechanisms required to create a level playing field and drive this transition.
Date: 18th May 2021
Time: 10:00 am (BST)
Speakers will include:
- Aoife O’Leary, Director, International Climate at Environmental Defense Fund Europe
- Katharine Palmer, Head of Global Sustainability, Lloyd’s Register
- Luca Bonaccorsi, Director, Sustainable Finance at Transport & Environment
- Roger Charles, Executive Director, Environmental and Social Risk Management at Standard Chartered Bank
- Paul Stuart-Smith, Executive Director, Zero Carbon Finace Limited