This document provides shipowners with guidance on the processes which need to be followed to compile the Inventory of Hazardous Materials (IHM). This guidance is based on the requirements of
- 2009 IMO Hong Kong International Convention for the Safe and Environmentally Sound Recycling of Ships;
- IMO Resolution MEPC.269(68) - Guidelines for the Development of the Inventory of Hazardous Materials;
- Regulation (EU) no 1257/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 November 2013 on ship recycling;
- EMSA’s Best Practice Guidance on the Inventory of Hazardous Materials;
- EMSA’s Study of two hazardous substances (PFOS and HBCDD) included in the annexes of regulation (EU) 1257/2013 on ship recycling.