Acquisition combines Lloyd’s Register’s deep technical expertise with Guardian Marine Testing’s swift and efficient fuel testing operation
The newly formed Lloyd's Register GMT Ltd will offer comprehensive solutions to the challenges associated with the management of fuel quantity and quality. The benefits of using LR GMT’s complete fuel testing service include:
- Fast and accurate marine fuel testing.
- Advanced sample collection and tracking service.
- Easy to use customer web portal.
- Clear and comprehensible reporting.
- Global coverage.
- Highly skilled fuel consultants.
- Fuel quality alerts and industry updates.
- In addition to providing a range of marine testing services, LR GMT provides access to a network of highly skilled ship performance consultants. Providing unique and impartial advice to ship owners and operators to help save fuel, reduce emissions and lower operational costs.
Andrew Shaw, Managing Director of LR GMT, commented: "Bringing together Guardian Marine Testing’s efficient operation with Lloyd's Register's leading technical expertise will enable us to expand our fuel testing business, and assist our clients further with their challenges. As one combined team I look forward to us working together to deliver the world's best marine testing service."
Gwynne Lewis, Global Head of Marine Consulting at Lloyd's Register, commented: "The acquisition and integration of the two businesses to form Lloyd's Register GMT Ltd provides enhanced service levels and real advantages to existing customers of Lloyd's Register's Fuel Oil Bunkering Analysis and Advisory Service (FOBAS) and Guardian Marine Testing."
LR acquired the remaining 80% share of UK based fuel testing company Guardian Marine Testing (GMT) in March this year. LR and GMT previously had a long standing relationship, with testing for LR making up around 80% of GMT's workload.
For more information on our fuel testing service, go to www.lr.org/lrgmt.