Classification Alert: New version of Argonaut software for thickness measurement reporting.
16 November 2016
Applicability: Thickness measurement service suppliers and owners/operators of Lloyd’s Register classed ships
Lloyd’s Register’s software for thickness measurement reporting, known as ‘Argonaut’, has been further developed to include reporting capabilities for the Condition Assessment Programme (known as ‘CAP’).
This new version (V. 2.1) has now been released to all surveyors and approved thickness measurement service suppliers. All new thickness measurement reports for CAP surveys of ships are to be completed on the latest Argonaut system.
Argonaut now provides a complete platform on which to produce TM reports for classification purposes and also for LR’s Ship Inspection and Assessment Services (SIAS).
The new capabilities of the system enable in-depth analysis of thickness measurements according to the requirements of all leading CAP end users and clients. These capabilities are intended to allow smooth, error-free and fast production of the analysis required in CAP and Hull Renovation Scheme (HRS) reports.
The following new features of Argonaut will help to significantly improve the process of thickness measurement report data entry, review and submission:
- compliance with oil majors’ and other CAP end users’ requirements for thickness measurement,
- new Argonaut mode designed for CAP reporting,
- CAP requirements for relevant ship types now integrated into one system,
- no longer any need to report CAP TMs separately from Class TMs,
- Class TM reports can be extended for CAP reporting (additional measurements may apply),
- the same authorisation and approval process is applied as for Class,
- SIAS teams can produce CAP and HRS TM reports instantly in their final format, including provisional ratings, and
- with the accumulation of historical data, SIAS will be able to offer added value to clients (e.g. trend reports).
All approved thickness measurement service suppliers are to visit www.lr.org/tm, where the latest comprehensive LR guidance book, Thickness Measurement and Close-up Survey Guidance, as well as the latest LR thickness measurement reporting software, Argonaut, are available to download. In case of difficulties downloading, please contact your local LR office or send an email to email@example.com.
Older LR thickness measurement software, TM Access 3.1 and TMCalc, are not to be used.
For any support calls, please contact your local LR office, which will attempt to resolve the issue locally. If that is not possible, the query will be passed to our software support team for resolution.
For all new thickness measurement surveys, thickness measurement reports are to be completed using the latest Argonaut software unless exceptional circumstances can be demonstrated to the surveyor. Reports that are completed without using the Argonaut software cannot be uploaded onto Class Direct and will need to be submitted electronically to LR in PDF format. Owners will not be able to access these reports in Class Direct. CAP ratings cannot be produced without use of Argonaut 2.1 or later versions.