WHISPER – Wind Energy Harvesting for Ship Propulsion Assistance and Power.
The WHISPER project with an overall budget of 9.19 M€ over 4 years aims to prove the technical and economic viability and promote wider adoption of large-scale power generation and propulsion assistance systems on-board energy harvesting of wind and solar.
WHISPER aims to develop and demonstrate a fully modular retrofit solution comprising a combined Wind-Solar Hybrid Power System and a Wind Assisted Propulsion System.
OCEAN project is composed of 11 Work Packages, as described below:
- Navigational Accidents Root Cause Assessment (NTUA)
- Enhanced Professional Standards for Situation (NI)
- Human-centred Bridge Equipment Design Methods (LR)
- Detection and tracking of Marine Mammals (UAC)
- Tracking and Recovery of Floating Containers (NCA)
- European Navigational Hazard infrastructure (CIMNE-CIRCA)
- Improved Situation Awareness and Manoeuvring Planning (KM)
- Automated Anti-collision Solutions & Shipboard Infrastructure (KM)
- Demonstration and evaluation (HVL)
- Communication, Dissemination and Exploitation (NI)
- Management (HVL)
Lloyd's Register leads Work Package 3 and contributes to Work Package 9 and Work Pacakge 10 to support LR's ‘Maritime systems assurance’ initiative by reviewing and updating of the existing standard for human-centred maritime systems engineering (ISO 17894).
- VTT SenseWay, FI (VTT)
- SIDEWIND EHF, IS (SW)
- Verkís hf, IS (VER)
- CENTRE TECHNOLOGIQUE NOUVELLE-AQUITAINE COMPOSITES & MATERIAUX AVANCES, FR (CAN)
- AYRO, FR (AYR)
- SOLBIAN ENERGIE ALTERNATIVE SRL, Italy (SOL)
- ANT. TOPIC Soc. A R. L. Agenzia Marittima e Trasporti Internazionali, Italy (ANT)
- DOTCOM SRL, IT (DTC)
- Samskip hf, IS (SAM)
- Nav-Tech BV, NL Affiliated (NAV)
- STIRLING DESIGN INTERNATIONAL, FR (SDI)
- BBA Fjeldco ehf. Iceland (BBA)
- Athygli ehf, IS (ATH)
- M27 FINANCE GMBH, AT (M27)
WHISPER Associated Partners
- Lloyd's Register (LR), UK