Need marine and offshore technical help?
This document provides shipowners with guidance on the processes which need to be followed to compile the Inventory of Hazardous Materials (IHM). This guidance is based on the requirements of
- 2009 IMO Hong Kong International Convention for the Safe and Environmentally Sound Recycling of Ships;
- IMO Resolution MEPC.269(68) - Guidelines for the Development of the Inventory of Hazardous Materials;
- Regulation (EU) no 1257/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 November 2013 on ship recycling;
- EMSA’s Best Practice Guidance on the Inventory of Hazardous Materials;
- EMSA’s Study of two hazardous substances (PFOS and HBCDD) included in the annexes of regulation (EU) 1257/2013 on ship recycling.
Enquiry about the Rules?