LR Code for Offshore Personnel Transfer Systems 1 July 2023 can be accessed via Regs4Ship; these have been updated by approved rule changes.
||Code for Offshore Personnel Transfer Systems
No recent updates to this document.
The Code for Offshore Personnel Transfer Systems (OPTS) should be read with the Code for Lifting Appliances in a Marine Environment (LAME).
Typical parts of an OPTS as covered in the Code for OPTS consist of:
- pedestal or foundation (not part of the mothership structure);
- motion compensation system (optional);
- base frame;
- machinery housing (may not necessarily be mounted on the base frame);
- Operator station (ideally placed close to the gangway);
- gangway, main part;
- gangway, telescopic part (usually installed but may also be optional); and
- landing or connecting arrangement.
Other arrangements and layouts of an OPTS may not use all of these parts and/or may use other components and arrangements.