Buoyant crude and product tanker markets, delivery dates of 2026 and 2027 for new tonnage and continued uncertainty on fuel choices at the newbuilding stage have propelled sales and purchase activity in the second hand tanker market and set asset values soaring. This brings key questions into sharp focus and on our latest Expert Voices podcast, LR’s Nikolaos Mikas and Riviera Maritime Media’s Edwin Lampert discuss the these questions and explore the following topics:
- The looming tanker capacity crunch
- Available tonnage on the second hand market
- Factoring in CII and EEXI requirements
- Matching the right secondhand tanker and the right trade
- Understanding terminal restrictions and requirements
- Options for extending service life of older tonnage
Moderated by Edwin Lampert, Riviera Maritime Media’s Executive Editor & Head of Business Relations, this podcast features an open discussion with Theodore Oikonomopoulos, Fleet Technical Manager, Euronav; Nikolas Vaporis, Chief Technical Officer, Capital Ship Management Corp; and Nikolaos Michas, Global Tanker Segment Director, Lloyd’s Register.