Lloyd's Register Report
It’s time: How to make shipping’s ‘Decade of Action’ a reality.
It’s time for the maritime industry to deliver decarbonisation. Not only that, but the pace of change needs to accelerate.
The industry is no longer asking ‘if’ or ‘when’ decarbonisation should take place, the question that remains is ‘how’ will the maritime industry deliver meaningful change during this crucial decade of action.
Our new report, produced in association with Longitude, the research unit of the Financial Times, brings together expert views and insights from the public and private sector on what the global maritime industry needs to do to make this decade of change a reality.
The insights in this report come from 13 in-depth qualitative interviews conducted by Longitude, a Financial Times company, in July and August 2021.
Jim Barry, Chief Investment Officer, BlackRock Alternative Investors
- Simon Bennett, General Manager for Sustainable Development,
The China Navigation Company
- Peter Michael E. Christiansen, Senior Equity Research Analyst, Cleaves Securities
- Cyril Ducau, CEO, Eastern Pacific Shipping (EPS)
- Roel Hoenders, Head of Air Pollution and Energy Efficiency,
International Maritime Organization (IMO)
- Ron Jarvis, Chief Sustainability Officer, Home Depot
- Lasse Kristoffersen, CEO, Torvald Klaveness
- Mark Lutes, Senior Advisor, Global Climate Policy, WWF Climate & Energy
- Katharine Palmer, Shipping Lead, UNFCCC High-Level Climate Champions
- Hans Rook, Chairman, International Port Community Systems Association (IPCSA)
- Jens Schmidt, Founder and CEO, ReCarbonX Systems
- Andreas Sohmen-Pao, Chairman, BW Group
- Lindsay Zingg, Senior Director Sustainability, DSV Panalpina