This three-day course will equip you with the foundation skills that will enable you to confidently deliver a training session or presentation to colleagues or clients.
Who will benefit?
Many technical professionals are called upon to deliver a training course or presenting their specialist subject at a conference or seminar. The ability to present information in a structured and meaningful way that is enjoyable to the audience is a skill that can be learned by anyone.
This course is useful for anyone who has to teach or present a technical or nontechnical subject, to both groups and individuals.
Many people become trainers or presenters because of their knowledge on a particular subject. However, the ability to train or present is not something that is gained from subject knowledge alone, but also through understanding the methodology or knowledge transfer and experience.
This practical, interactive course will give participants a comprehensive core of knowledge and key competencies that will make their training and presenting sessions much more beneficial to both them and their audience.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- plan and prepare to deliver a training session
- create a welcoming and professional training environment
- build credibility with delegates and manage their individual needs and expectations
- promote interaction and involvement of all learners
- explain what presentations are and why we have them
- overcome nerves to be relaxed and confident
- establish “buy in” to grab attention
- acknowledge why an agenda is not a good idea
- demonstrate two presentation models
- give your presentations meaning
- accommodate all learning preferences
- use some of Shakespeares’ secret language to enhance your presentations
- demonstrate professional delivery skills including effective use of voice, body language and visual aids including PowerPoint and flipcharts.
- Deliver sessions that are:
- well balanced to ensure maximum engagement
- structured and signposted
Delegate numbers are limited to ensure maximum delegate participation and individual feedback.
Delegates will receive a certificate upon successful completion of the course.