This LNG as Fuel training course explains everything you need to know to ensure you are up to date with this exciting new development in the marine sector.
This two day course will enable you to make early and confident assessments of why, how and what LNG as Fuel (LNGF) will mean to you and your fleet.
Whether you are involved in new build or retrofit we will guide you through the technical and commercial aspects of the decision making process.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at superintendents, marine engineers and technical management. If you are considering the advantages and disadvantages of using LNGF this course is for you. Moving from one fuel source to another is a major investment in both time and money and this course will give you the tools to make the transition as smooth as possible.
What will you learn
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- explain the legislative and commercial drivers for using LNG as Fuel
- evaluate the hazards related to LNG usage and handling
- recognise the relevant regulatory acceptance by countries, port authorities, IMO and classification societies
- review design issues for marine gas fuel installations, including high pressure and low pressure gas supply systems
- determine the critical technical issues regarding design, fuel storage, bunkering and operation
- demonstrate an awareness of risk assessment methods to evaluate alternative design