About the Marine Equipment Directive training course
This one-day course is aimed at developing an appreciation of the key aspects of the Marine Equipment Directive (MED) affecting the supply chain to the marine industry. It outlines the difference between type approval and MED requirements, as well as discussing various supporting schemes for compliance, assisting in generating a level field of dialogue between the companies in the supply chain.
The subject of supplying equipment in compliance with MED 2014/90/EU is one that is frequently discussed in the supply chain of the marine industry between customers and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).
Training course details
- Course dates
- Who should attend?
- What will you learn during the training
- Course requirements
Delivered by one of our expert trainers who facilitates participation and discussion
This course is suitable for:
Ship management personnel charged with the responsibility of ensuring compliance with MED requirements (e.g. QHSE managers and DPAs, fleet managers, technical and nautical superintendents, purchasing personnel, regulatory compliance personnel).
Manufacturing personnel of equipment manufacturers for which MED certification is mandatory (e.g. QA/QC/QHSE managers and personnel, production and regulatory compliance personnel and management).
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to confidently discuss the following subjects:
- The history of the MED and what it means to the marine industry.
- The difference between type approval and MED certification, as well as the significance of this difference for the supply chain in the marine industry.
- The mechanics of how MED certification works, plus the roles of IACS, the IMO, the European Commission, notified bodies and class societies and the process of Rule and Regulation Development and implementation
- The aim, objective, purpose and application of the EU MED.
- The background to ‘Mutual Recognition’ and what this will mean for the marine supply chain.
No previous experience is required to attend this training course.
All delegates will receive a certificate upon completion of the course.