This three or four-day course will enhance your understanding of the requirements of statutory safety surveys, and help you to increase operational efficiency by complying with current statutory requirements for passenger ships.
Who will benefit?
The course will appeal to Flag state and Port State Control representatives, owners’ representatives and operations managers, and on board personnel. The course is equally suitable for both newly appointed and experienced employees in the passenger ship industry.
In today’s expanding cruise industry, where regulatory and safety requirements are of vital importance, it is essential that ship and shore-based employees have up-to-date knowledge of current statutory requirements. In this course, you will gain that knowledge through interaction with experienced Lloyd’s Register surveyors, participation in discussion groups and hands-on exercises, including a practical session on board a passenger ship to bring the topics discussed to life on the fourth day of the course, if the attendees can facilitate this option.
By the end of the course you will be able to
- Explain classification and statutory requirements as they apply on passenger ships.
- Introduction: the role of the classification society, the Flag state and the port state and the main operational differences from cargo ships.
- Construction of Passenger Ships: acquire knowledge about the requirements for compliance with the statutory requirements for - watertight integrity, damage control, stability and operational practice; maintenance of machinery, safety devices; fire safety systems; life-saving appliances, lifeboats equipment; navigation and radio equipment; an introduction to the Fire Test Procedures
- Practical Survey of Passenger Ships: learn what arrangements are needed to prepare a passenger ship for a safety survey; safety certification; understand how classification and statutory certification works.
- Evaluating Fire and Boat Drills
- Dry Dockings and modifications: common challenges and requirements for passenger ship dry dockings.
- Safe Return to Port and other newregulatory changes.
- RoRo Passenger ships additionalrequirements.
- A visit to a passenger ship if the 4 days option is chosen.
Delegates will recieve a certificate upon successful completion of the course.