Who will benefit?
This course is of value to everyone whose duties involve matters of quality, safety, energy management and pollution prevention, and who require an introduction to the requirements of the audit process.
Through a highly participative combination of presentations, group discussions, case studies plus individual and syndicate exercises, you will learn about and understand:
- The content of the ISM Code, ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, ISO45001:2018 and ISO 50001:2018 standards and their interpretation in the shipping & offshore industry
- Management systems principles
- The principles and practice of auditing
By the end of the course you will:
- Gain knowledge of the background, objectives, ISM Code and ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO45001 and ISO 50001 standards
- Understand the principles of the integrated management system model
- How to identify quality objectives, environmental aspects and impact, energy baseline and key performance indicators and development of OHS risk assessment
- Understand the practical implications and effective management of the environmental, energy and OHS legislation
- Learn how to implement an integrated management system for your office and ships
In addition, you will gain knowledge of the key principles and current practices used in internal auditing including:
- The role and responsibilities of the internal auditor
- Planning and preparation of the audit
- Audit techniques
- The conduct of the audit
- The relationship between the auditor and the interviewee
- Reporting the audit
- Non conformity and its resolutions
Delegates will receive a certificate upon successful completion of the course.
- Classroom based