The maritime sector has traditionally stood apart from the developments in cyber security. The majority of critical functions and assets was physically isolated with limited or non-existent connectivity, remote monitoring and control capabilities. This is no longer the case; cyber security technologies have become essential to the operation and management of systems critical to the safety and security of shipping and protection of the marine environment. Inevitably, accessing and networking creates new kinds of vulnerabilities and leads to maritime cyber security risks which should be addressed and managed.
As the number and frequency of global cyber security incidents continues to rise, we expect to see a stark separation between those organisations that are prepared and those which are not. An effective cyber security strategy and a realistic awareness of cyber security threats enables an organisation to embrace automation, connectivity and the various ‘Industry 4.0’ technologies. As a result, it will also help build its brand, creating business opportunities and unlock the cost savings that new ways of delivering a service bring.
This one-day course covers the principles and key practical aspects of effective maritime cyber security risk management.
Through a highly participative mix of presentations, group discussions, case studies plus individual and group exercises the course covers topics such as:
- Current and forthcoming regulatory requirements
- Sources of potential cyber security threats and vulnerabilities
- Conducting a cyber security risk assessment for your organisation
- Identifying risk mitigation strategies and control options
- Utilising third-party specialist support when necessary
- Constructing and implementing an effective cyber security risk management plan
- Achieving continual improvement.
Who will benefit?
This course will benefit anyone whose role affects or is affected by the maritime cyber security in their work environment. It provides a key starting point to understand the impact of cyber security safety and cyber security risk management. No prior knowledge of cyber security is required.
Following attendance on this course your organisation will benefit from having a team member who will be able to contribute more effectively to the management of cyber security risks and therefore to the rganisation’s overall performance.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Interpret the current regulatory landscape
- Appreciate why a non-prescriptive cyber security risk management approach is a natural extension of existing safety and security management practices
- Consider a variety of potential cyber security threats and vulnerabilities
- Assess associated risks
- Recommend mitigating measures, including management, operation or procedural and technical controls
- Identify the different functional elements of an effective cyber security risk management plan
- Respond to and recover from cyber security incidents in accordance with established contingency plans
- Champion appropriate behaviours and ways of work in your organisation
- Contribute towards the continual improvement of your organisation's cyber security risk management performance.
Delegates will receive a certificate upon successful completion of the course.
Virtually led training course delivered by one of our expert trainers
26 Apr - 27 Apr 2022
Virtual classroom - GMT+1/UK
- £940 excluding tax