This three day course can help if you need to extend your auditing competence to include environmental management systems and you have already completed a lead auditor course. It provides the knowledge required to conduct second and third-party EMS audits effectively.
Successful completion of this course satisfies all the requirements to become a certified Environmental Lead Auditor.
Who should attend?
- Those who have successfully completed an IRCA certified Lead Auditor course and wish to extend the knowledge and skills to encompass EMS auditing
- Anyone who wants to satisfy the formal training requirements for IRCA certification.
What will you learn?
- The benefits of implementing an EMS and the background to ISO 14001 and EMAS
- Essential definitions and terminology for ISO 14001
- The purpose, intent and key requirements of ISO 14001 and similarities with ISO 9001
- The contribution that audits make to the effectiveness of a management system
- The role and responsibilities of an EMS auditor/lead auditor
- The relevance of environmental aspects and impacts
- To plan your audits by developing effective checklists
- To verify current practice conformity with defined requirements
- To improve the stability and robustness of a management system
- To gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and reviewing documentation
- To report your findings accurately against the requirements of ISO 14001
- What is corrective action and who takes responsibility
- The requirements to become a certificated auditor/lead auditor with IRCA.
What do you need to prepare?
- To have successfully completed an IRCA approved Lead Auditor course, or accepted equivalent. (If you do not meet the above criteria, you need to attend first the EMS Auditor/Lead Auditor training course)
- To have good knowledge of ISO 14001 standard, environmental management principles and concepts
- To have extensive experience in auditing management systems
- To complete approximately 2 hours of pre-course work prior to attending the course.
- 24 CPD hours
- Training course materials
- Lunch and refreshments for public attendees only
- CQI & IRCA certificate
Your future development
Certification with Exemplar Global
For an additional $99 USD you can also obtain an Exemplar Global Course Certification for this course.
What are the advantages of adding the Exemplar Global Certification to this course?
With the additional Exemplar Global Course Certification, you will get access to:
- The Exemplar Global Work Style Behavioural Assessment
- One-Year Graduate Certification
- Use of Exemplar Global’s brands and logo to promote your certification
- Access to Exemplar Global Webinars and Online events
- Access to Exemplar Global online resources, including Auditor OnLine and regular Job Board notifications
- Access to the social community of graduates
- An innovative, continual learning environment for learners and graduates
- Ongoing support for an entrepreneurial career track for graduates and learners
How to add Exemplar Global Certification to your training course?
If you're booking online, you can add the option of Exemplar Global before you proceed to checkout or contact our team directly.