This course gives an overview of the structure and revised scope of the MDR. Understand the role of the safety and performance requirements as the basis for CE marking and how to determine the appropriate conformity route.
The course addresses the reasons to create a more effective regulatory system and a route map will be provided to illustrate the steps that are required to achieve compliance.
Who should attend?
- Individuals responsible for regulatory compliance working in an organization involved in any aspects of medical device manufacturing, designing or marketing and need to learn why we are moving from a Directive to a regulation
- Manufacturers that need to identify the important changes and their relevance
- Those who are in the process of building a transition plan for certification to the new regulation.
What will you learn?
- The new structure and revised scope of the MDR
- New classification rules
- Role of the safety and performance requirements as the basis for CE marking
- How to determine the appropriate conformity route for your products
- Technical documentation changes and new requirements under the regulation
- The requirements for performance evaluation
- Necessary steps required for post-market surveillance and the reporting of adverse incidents under the vigilance system
- Hot topics under the new regulation including supply chain requirements, your commitment to device identification, defining the person(s) responsible for regulatory activities, new definitions and timeline to transition.
What do you need to prepare?
Basic knowledge of medical device use or manufacture.
- Training course materials
- Lunch and refreshments for public attendees only
- Certificate of attendance.
Training from LR
With Lloyd's Register, you can learn in the way that works for you. We offer courses in a range of styles, from in-house to virtual classroom. Find out more about Ascend Training Courses from Lloyd's Register.
Your future development
Certification with Exemplar Global
For an additional $99 USD you can also obtain an Exemplar Global Course Certification for your course.
What are the advantages of adding the Exemplar Global Certification?
With the additional Exemplar Global Course Certification, you will get access to:
- The Exemplar Global Work Style Behavioural Assessment
- One-Year Graduate Certification
- Use of Exemplar Global’s brands and logo to promote your certification
- Access to Exemplar Global Webinars and Online events
- Access to Exemplar Global online resources, including Auditor OnLine and regular Job Board notifications
- Access to the social community of graduates
- An innovative, continual learning environment for learners and graduates
- Ongoing support for an entrepreneurial career track for graduates and learners
How to add Exemplar Global Certification to your training course?
If you're booking online, you can add the option of Exemplar Global before you proceed to checkout or contact our team directly.