eLearning Course summary
On 17June 2021 (MEPC 76), the International Maritime Organization (IMO) adopted amendments to MARPOL Annex VI, based on changes drafted at MEPC 75 in November 2020. This consists of new regulations 23 and 25 – the introduction of the Energy Efficiency Existing Ship Index (EEXI) and regulation 28 - the requirement to demonstrate operational carbon intensity reduction through the Carbon Intensity Indicator (CII). These will enter into force on 01 November 2022. The course includes the latest MEPC 78 changes.
The EEXI is a carbon design/technical efficiency indicator which is applicable to most in-service vessels over 400 Gross Tonnes (GT) and operating internationally.
The CII is an in-service/operational efficiency indicator which measures a vessel’s carbon intensity over time.
Vessels that cannot demonstrate compliance to the EEXI and CII regulations by the vessel specific deadline may be unable to trade internationally.
This course will help you to develop your roadmap for compliance and ensure your ships maximise their operational availability.
You will receive a certificate upon successful completion of the course.
£99 + VAT
eLearning: 3 hours
Who will benefit?
This course is aimed at shipowners, ship operators, ship managers, technical superintendents, flag state surveyors, consultants, and ship designers /builders.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the scope of the MARPOL ANNEX VI amendments
- Understand the specific IMO requirements of the EEXI and CII
- Be aware of the implications for your fleet and the compliance options open to you
- Be competent to develop a timeline of the implementation of the EEXI and CII for your fleet
- Understand the relationship between Energy Efficiency Design Index (EEDI) and EEXI
- Understand the relationship between the CII, IMO Data Collection System and the Ship Energy Efficiency Management Plan (SEEMP)
- Be aware of future implications
The course will help you develop knowledge in the following areas:
- IMO EEXI and CII requirements
- Verification and Certification
- Future requirements
Access the course online and study at your own pace, at a time and place to suit you.