Lloyd’s Register’s Superintendent training programme provides a solid foundation for making reasoned decisions, and for developing your skills, knowledge and experience as your career progresses.
The programme’s modular format gives you the freedom and flexibility to study where and when you wish. As well as the eLearning content, you will benefit from face-to-face classroom and virtual instructor led sessions with experienced LR staff and your fellow learners.
Who should attend
This Superintendent training programme is aimed at Superintendents, fleet managers, anyone making the transition from aboard ship to a shore-based role.
By the end of this training programme you will be able to:
- Understand what the role and responsibilities of the superintendent are
- Understand the specific International Maritime Requirements (ISPS, ISM, MARPOL etc.)
- Establish the difference between a number of different commercial aspects that affect the day-to-day activities of the superintendent
- Identify what human skills and communication styles are necessary for the role of the superintendent
- Implement the processes and procedures to follow when dealing with an emergency situation
Other objectives will be achieved depending on the courses that you complete in the part two of the programme.
The programme is structured in two parts:
- Part one - Superintendent eLearning course (click here to download factsheet)
- Part two - selection of classroom, virtual or eLearning training courses
You can build your own study programme in selecting the training courses based on your own professional needs within part two of the programme.
In order to enrol to the training programme you’ll need to complete the Part one, the Superintendent eLearning course. Please refer to the bottom of this page for booking this course.
You can select a minimum of five and a maximum of 12 courses from our Maritime Training Portfolio in order to be awarded one of the Superintendent training programme level certificates.
You will be awarded your Superintendent Programme certificate based on the number of modules you complete, as follows:
- Superintendent Programme 'Bronze' certificate - completion of Part one Superintendent eLearning course and five of the classroom modules
- Superintendent Programme 'Silver' certificate - completion of Part one Superintendent eLearning course and eight of the classroom modules
- Superintendent Programme 'Gold' certificate - completion of Part one Superintendent eLearning course and ten of the classroom modules
- Superintendent Programme 'Platinum' certificate - completion of Part one Superintendent eLearning course and twelve of the classroom modules .
For more information please make an enquiry,