Applicability: shipowners, ship operators, ship managers and ship masters
Your prompt action is required to effectively plan the 2022 reporting period data submission for MRV Regulation (EU) 2015/757, UK MRV Regime and IMO DCS verification to ensure compliance with the submission deadlines for data on the following online platforms:
THETIS platform: data submitted by 30 April 2023.
UKAS platform: expected to require data submitted by 30 April 2023
(details will be supplied soon).
GISIS platform: data submitted by 30 June 2023.
As outlined below, Lloyd’s Register (LR) needs your information well in advance of these deadlines to ensure all verification work is completed in time.
For EU MRV, First stage verification
Data to LR by the end of November 2022.
Please provide the following information:
- Number of vessels that called into EU ports during the 2022 calendar year
- Number of voyages for each of the vessel(s) listed above (applicable to EU MRV regulation)
- Please fill out/update the attached contract appendix and return it as soon as possible, with fleet details (entire fleet to be covered by contract) as well as billing entity (registered owner/managing company) information.
For UK MRV Regime
We will advise on the relevant details as soon as we know.
Second stage verification applicable for both the above
Data to LR by 15 January 2023.
Upon completion of the first stage, to proceed with the second stage, we need all your evidence uploaded to our CO2 verifier tool. The assigned verifier will contact you for any clarifications needed.
The required data per vessel that called at an EU port includes:
- Voyages list (applicable voyages to the EU MRV regulation per vessel)
- Relevant bunker delivery note (BDN) and bill of landing for the applicable voyages
- For each applicable voyage: date and time of departure and arrival, fuel ROB bunker surveys/consumptions, distance travelled, time spent at anchorage, cargo transferred.
The required data per vessel that called at a UK port will be advised soon.
For IMO DCS
Data to LR from 1 January to 31 March 2023:
As early as possible in January 2023, please upload to our CO2 verifier tool the following:
- Duly filled-in Annualised Emissions Report
- Disaggregated reports on fuel consumption
- Distance travelled and hours underway together with all supporting evidence (BDN reports, voyage or noon reports, ROB data, etc.)
- All data must be uploaded to our CO2 verifier tool before 31 March 2023.
- We encourage clients to make the submissions as early as possible to enable us to complete and deliver the verification work much earlier than the regulatory deadlines.
Important note about late submissions
Please note that LR cannot accept any liability for late submission to THETIS if we receive requests to verify the EU MRV Annual Emissions Report after the regulatory deadline of 30 April 2023.
Where initial submissions are incomplete and/or delayed, partial submissions or resubmissions may require additional verification work which is to be taken also into account from your end for your planning.
In such cases, LR may not be able to guarantee resources to complete the verification in time. For the UK MRV Regime, relevant guidance for your submissions will be communicated soon.
For more details, please get in touch with your account manager or email@example.com
Further information can be found on our LR website here.