The MQPS procedures form a comprehensive suite of procedures that should be followed when applying for approval / recognition against Lloyd's Register's Rules for the Manufacture, Testing and Certification of Materials.
The procedures are intended to be available to both LR Surveyors and LR's clients: manufacturers, fabricators and testing establishments seeking approval. Upon completion of the specified inspection and/or testing programme required by these procedures, a report is to be submitted to the Marine & Offshore Materials (firstname.lastname@example.org) department for review. If considered to be satisfactory a certificate will be issued and the approved manufacturer / product / procedure will be visible on the LR Approvals client portal.
Related procedures are grouped together into Books A to P, the contents of which are listed in the links below.
Please contact M&O Materials at email@example.com for current versions of the forms.
Download MQPS books
Download MQPS books
- Book A - Guidelines for Qualification of Welding Procedures, Welders and Weldability.
- Book B - Procedure for Periodic Inspection of Approved Works.
- Book C - Procedures for Approval of a Works for Steelmaking and Rolled Steel Products.
- Book D - Procedures for Approval of a Works for the Manufacture of Steel Castings.
- Book E - Procedures for Approval of a Works for the Manufacture of Steel Forgings.
- Book F - Procedures for Approval of a Works for the Manufacture of Iron Casting.
- Book G - Procedures for Approval of a Works for the Manufacture of Non-Ferrous Alloy Products.
- Book H - Procedures for Approval of a Works or Proving Establishment for Chain Cable or Wire Rope.
- Book J - Procedures for Approval of Welding Consumables and Manufacture of Fabricated Steel Sections.
- Book K - Procedures for Approval of Plastic Materials.
- Book L - Procedures for Approval of Repair Procedures.
- Book M - Procedures for the Approval in accordance with the Materials Quality Scheme (MQS).
- Book N - Procedures for Approval of Thickness Measurement Firms, Recognition of Firms for performing NDE and Validation of Advanced NDE Methods .
- Book P - Procedures for Approval of Paints and Coatings.