We are endeavouring to provide our clients with continuity of service regardless of the outcome of the negotiation process, and are taking all possible actions to achieve this.
The UK and EU have yet to finalise the agreement for the UK to withdraw from the EU. There are two key areas of our activity that we are watching closely for any potential impact:
- our work as Notified Body (NoBo) under various EU Directives and Regulations, and
- as a Recognised Organisation (RO) in the marine and offshore sector, which requires sponsorship by an EU flag.
Please note that:
- ISO is an international organisation and not tied to the European Union in anyway. ISO Standards are therefore unaffected by Brexit.
- As an International Accreditation Forum (IAF) MLA signatory, UKAS’s accredited management system approvals will continue to be recognised post Brexit.
Through our involvement in Standards Committees, Notified Body Forums and strong relationships with government and industry, we are able to stay closely involved with developments.
As negotiations progress, we will keep you updated both on this page and via our account managers and business support teams.
For specific areas of interest and further information please click on the relevant topic.
- Medical Devices Directives
- Marine and Industrial Equipment Directives
- European Union Recognised Organisation status
You may find the answer to your query from the links and their respective frequently asked questions.