Understanding and complying with the EU’s monitoring, reporting and verification (MRV) and the IMO’s data collection system (DCS) regulations provide great challenges to shipowners and operators: two different regulations running on different timelines with separate approaches but without guidance on how to comply. Building a comprehensive approach for both regulations is essential in order to keep a licence to operate.
What we offer
We can provide extensive knowledge and guidance of both EU MRV and IMO DCS regulations whenever you need it; ranging from technical advice on how to collect, monitor and store data to the specific requirements needed to comply. We can also identify knowledge gaps in crews and shore-side employees and provide expert training when necessary, giving your employees the right skills to comply, protecting your organisation against risk.
Our software module, Cloud Fleet Manager (CFM) MRV & DCS is designed to help you monitor and report data needed to comply at the same time with little effort and minimal risk of missing a key deadline. The system captures arrival and departure times, time spent at sea, bunker consumption and other required data, and performs the necessary calculations automatically. These results can then be forwarded to shore employees or your third-party verifier at the touch of a button.
What are the benefits?
- Help guarantee that your employees have a solid understanding of the regulations and how to collect, manage and report data
- Help evaluate existing procedures, processes and systems to see if they comply
- Receive bespoke training giving you the confidence that your employees (crew or on shore) know how to comply to both regulations, allowing little room for mistakes
- Build a comprehensive approach to MRV and DCS regulations so you can comply with both regulations easily and effectively
Why choose LR?
We want to provide you with the right tools and guidance so that you can comply easily, and thus concentrate on business as usual.
- Guidance on the EU MRV Regulation and the IMO DCS for Shipowners and Operators
- The Practical Application of the EU MRV Regulations for Shipping training course
- SEEMP Part l guidance
- SEEMP Part ll guidance
- lMO DCS toolkit
- EU MRV toolkit
- Class News 33/2017 – IMO fuel oil consumption data collection (issued 18 October 2017)
Who we work with
We help businesses across dozens of sectors push forward and achieve like never before. How can we help you?
Industry leaders join forces on ammonia-fuelled tanker project
A collaborative effort to work on producing a zero-carbon emitting deep-sea tanker, powered by ammonia.
What we think
LR's experts regularly share their research and insights.